Saturday, December 15, 2012

We are all able to fly

Living at boarding for the past three years over and over again I've been told there are two kinds of people in this world, “the talkers and the doers” and I also in a small way figured out that horrible things in life that are complete shit that don’t ever seem to add up and seem to be a tumbling of shit over and over again there is a chance something good may come of it all.

I felt like listening to Taylor Swifts new album ‘Red’ it’s nice, it of course has some pop songs that are there to bring in the money. A song named ‘Ronan’ came on and listening to the lyrics of the song, unexpectedly I began to feel really upset. I went to Google and typed in ‘Taylor Swift Ronan’ and the first link that appeared was..  Ronan: The little boy who inspired a Taylor Swift song.

As I began to read it tears welled up in my eyes and as I listened to the song again, I read that Taylor had -written this song for (the mum) Maya (although the song is co-written with Maya) and how Maya had inspired Taylor to write this song from reading her blog and how amazing she thought Maya was for everything she had done, in bringing awareness to childhood cancer. Read it for yourself (the link is up above).

Mayas blog, you can feel for yourself how truly amazing this mother is through her heartfelt and overwhelming blog.. RockstartRonan-MissionStatement

Sitting here crying my eyes out writing this about a boy who I've never known, from it all what has moved me the most is that this mother has lost her whole world and although from reading her blog sounds as if she is still suffering miserably, she promised her son that she is going to in a way change the world for him and is now working towards this.

Ronan

This has made me think, today, this afternoon as I spent the morning in a hotel room watching movies and cartoons how lucky I was to be there alive, with my loving sister with fresh water, feeling happy and healthy and shortly my parents would be bringing me some lunch home. The thing is I didn't do a lot today, but now i have, because I have just decided that all though next year is about getting my soul back on track, its also going to be about getting involved in something. I don’t know what yet, but where ever we end up living for a while I’m going to go into a organisation and really get involved, also on our trip I’m going to do the best I possibly can and I'll let you know later what that is. 

I was talking to my dad yesterday, we have been having a lot of conversations lately about how messed up the world is, and I asked my dad doesn't all of it make you want to curl up in a ball in a corner and just cry and in return he told me that wherever you go in life you just have to be the best person you can be. I know my parents live by that even if they don’t talk about it to us often, my parents have always done the best they could both possibly do, be it for me and my elder sister, or in each place we've lived. They've put their hearts into it all, their love, passions and souls into it, whatever it was or where they were. That is what I must do too.
I hope you've learnt something from reading this.

Life is life, you can only do the best you can do, whatever that is do it, live every day, and what if today really was your last day? You just don’t know... You really don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment