Friday, December 21, 2012

Green eggs and ham


  Yay! 
I just thought that title up with mum and my sister, thank you guys!  We’re sitting outside the ‘Daly Waters Pub’ in outback Australia – and boi is it hot! 

Those who know me know that I like to keep myself the healthiest I can, so as of this camping trip I decided I wanted to buy Liquid Chlorophyll for all the days I can’t eat heaps of vegies and to ‘save’ money supposedly (my theory anyway).  Last night as I was heading towards bed I got my pajamas out to put on, and to my surprise they were tie dyed, okay not completely but some nice green splotches decorated my pink fluffy pajamas :( . We washed them that night and it looks like I’m stuck with tie dye pajamas  Than to add to the spectacular fun I had with that, the next morning i managed to spill really strong mouth wash all throughout my sponge bag, now even my tooth brush is decorated a greenish colour.
This morning at breakfast in Katherine we all asked for our breakfast, and I specifically asked for – two poached eggs. What did I get? Two poached eggs and a wholeee lot of bacon.. and one slice of tomato. I just love bacon so much... I put the bacon on dads finished plate and enjoyed the eggs. 

A new relationship was formed while on the road

When we were almost at Daly Waters the car became not its usual self.. and words along the lines were muttered lots 'come on little car you can do it'. Finely after thirty minutes of freaking out and the engine seizing up, we made it safely to Daly Waters! Mum went into the only shop there, and asked the main guy if there were any mechanics around or near by, he said 150km away in Elliot and his name is Bob.... Well you see that was a good drive away, and our car was practically dead at this point it'd be to much of a risk we thought to go all the way to Elliot! Have no fear, daddy dear called AANT (our road recovery heroes) and they said that there was a guy down the road and he'd be here in around 20 minuets. Yes! We were saved, and our car got all fixed up, they reckon it was 'dirty' petrol since someone else had arrived the same day as us, from Katherine with dirty petrol. Watch out, BP is out to get us.


I feel like it is so summer, except no signs of a beach yet, which I can bet you most other Australians will be heading to the coasts of Australia for Christmas. Today we’re all staying in a little cabin together at ‘Daly waters’ pronounced ‘Dai-ley waters’, I think  because Daly waters is spelt different to how it’s said the owners here have almost chosen to make a joke out of a lot of things. But why not, it’s an unbelievably small town. Here are a few of my favourite pictures from around the town itself.


It is superrrr expensive to stay here, and the with that being said even if its a small cabin you'd expect most things to be in alright condition.. Well I sat down on dads side of the bed for a second, and bam - the bed cracked underneath me. No it's not me, it's the bed. Same for the shower head which regularly had fits and whacked a few of us in the head, and brought squeals in the shower - laughing in the cabin. Last but not least we ran into a leaky air con, which had mum and dad happy as their bed was underneath the air con. We moved the bed to the other side, and put the mattress on the ground, I got to walk all over mum and dads legs. They thoroughly enjoyed this:) 
Read this, it's funnay!

Considering everything from food prices, mostly friendly staff, crap accomadation and so forth - Our familys reckon the  whole ordeal deserves a 1 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment